- PCS – Sell Your Home
- PCS – Buy A Home
- Military Moving With The Family
- Military Relocation Professional Lafayette Indiana
We at the Aimee Ness Realty Group Keller Williams understand how challenging it can be to move. But for the military service community, there are extra challenges involved. Our real estate group strives to meet and exceed the expectations for our service member clients.
PCS – Sell Your Home
Receiving PCS orders can be a bit overwhelming. Let us help you take some of the stress away.
Once you receive your orders you have have to sell FAST! Here are some tips on how to sell your home fast. Our real estate group has also worked with local home staging experts to help get a better understanding on how to present your home to buyers.
With over 10 years of local experience, we can help you stage and price your home correctly for a speedy sale.
PCS – Buy A Home
Sometimes military personnel would love to live on base; however, there can be waiting lists for housing. When choosing to live off base, your choices of a home are influenced in the same way as civilian home buyers. Here are some factors you may want to consider as you buy your next home.
Affordability and Opportunity to Build Equity
Military home owners are concerned about the affordability and value appreciation of their home, due to the short time before their potential next move.
Military homeowners do not have much time to build equity in their homes. They may not have the option to build long term value appreciation or choose to sell in in a market downturn. However, here are some ways to build equity while in the home.
- Utilizing 15 year loans instead of 30 year loans will build equity faster.
- Complete property improvements that add value to the home.
- Put down a higher down payment.
- Pay with cash.
Close or Away From a Military Community
Military members need to consider if they would prefer to live in a military saturated community or away. Some prefer to be surrounded by other military personnel and families for support, others prefer a separation.
Length of Tour
How long will you be staying in your next location? Your length of tour can greatly determine your housing decisions.
VA Home Loan
The application process for a VA financing is not much different from any other type of mortgage loan. Upfront paperwork is needed to prove eligibility and entitlement for the use of a VA appraiser and qualification of the VA loan products. Some exemptions are also available, be sure to talk to your lender about all possibilities.
1. Determine eligibility and entitlement. Obtain a Certificate of Eligibility and proof of service.
2. Apply for the VA home loan. Buyers should work with a lender who is familiar with the VA financing products and procedures. Becoming prequalified can help you present a strong offer on a home.
3. Find the right home, make and offer, sign a sales contract. The home must be a primary residence, single-family, condo, or maximum four-unit multifamily (owner must occupy one unit). Manufactured homes qualify. No vacation homes, businesses or farms.
4. Arrange home inspections. The property must be safe, structurally sound, and have functioning mechanical systems. The buyer should accompany the inspector during the inspection process.
5. Request a property appraisal. The VA Regional Office will assign an appraiser to determine the value of the property.
6. Obtain homeowners’s insurance. In order to be able to close on the home, homeowner’s insurance is required. The insurance company can send you the proof of insurance and will also send it to your lender.
7. Close on the home. The title company will send out information prior to closing to review the costs of closing on your home based on your loan and purchase contract agreements. If you are required to bring funds to closing the title company will outline that process.
Military Moving With The Family
It is hard for civilians to fully understand the sacrifices our military families have to make. Moving to another place requires our military families to recreate a new support network for every move. Below are some resources to help during the relocation.
Spouses finding another career in a new town can be exhausting. Here are some helpful links to get you started.
Professional License Transfers:
Updating your resume can be a daunting task, and sometime a little help can go a long way. Here is a resource to get you started.
Local Temp Agencies
Temp agencies are a great place to start looking for a potential new career, especially in a new town. Here is a list of local temp agencies in Lafayette Indiana.
We all know kids are the ones who can be the most confused and nervous about moving. So many questions to answer about new schools, new friends, new town and a new house. Here a few resources to help answer some questions they may have.
Sesame Street App:
Sesame Street for Military Families has developed an app to help your child learn about the upcoming transitions in their lives. Complete with games and videos this is an interactive tool to help with some tough conversations.
Looking for fun things to do around town? Here is a great resource for finding exciting things to do and places to make new friends.
The Greater Lafayette area is a wonderful community with something for everyone. Proximity to Purdue University affords great education, employment opportunities and activities for everyone to enjoy. Lafayette has a cherished downtown that is changing everyday. Downtown Lafayette offers a Farmer’s Market, festivals, the Tippecanoe County Library and local shops and so much more.
If you enjoy outdoors Tippecanoe county and Lafayette have a variety of parks and trails to discover. Local parks and trails are located all over town and are easy to access.
Lafayette and West Lafayette have several desirable neighborhoods. Here are some of the neighborhoods with video tours.
Military Relocation Professional Lafayette Indiana
Aimee Ness Realtor in Lafayette, IN is certified as a Military Relocation Professional. She is certified to work with current and former military service members to find the housing solutions that best suit their needs and help them take full advantage of their military benefits and support.
Military relocation in Lafayette does not have to be a hassle. With Aimee’s Military Relocation Professional designation and knowledge of the area she can make this a smooth transition.
Aimee understands you may be on a time crunch to either buy or sell your home. With our vast network of support we can help you accomplish your goals. If you need a lender, moving company, cleaning company, preview listings or whatever it may be we have a vast network of people to serve you.
The Aimee Ness Realty Group wants to make this process as smooth for you as possible. Utilizing the technology at our disposal we make it easy for you to view homes, sign documents electronically, or even mail the closing documents to you.
“Aimee is totally trustworthy to handle all details of the buying process. She is very knowledgeable about the Lafayette and West Lafayette markets including rural surrounding areas. She handles. Offers and counter offers in a very professional manner. I would totally trust Aimee with any buying or selling needs. She is very professional and most importantly honest and trustworthy. “
Roger Scott Bland
“We are grateful for your friendship and support and for being an awesome realtor when it came time to sell our house! Bittersweet, Foor sure!”
For any questions, contact Aimee Ness directly at 765-418-3969
For current market information for your Lafayette and West Lafayette communities or a free consult, contact The Aimee Ness Realty Group Keller Williams Lafayette Indiana. Our team with over 10 years of local experience, has your back to find your dream home, or sell your current home.